SPECOTIN coatings for moulds and coresComposition: Some substantial differences exist with regard to impact on casting. Therefore, each SPECOTIN type is based on a main raw material, which has the best properties for the respective purpose; an optimum isolating effect is thus achieved between the mould, cores and metal. The main raw materials include: zirconium, graphite, coke dust, aluminium and magnesium silicates. In addition to the main raw materials, substances are used that give the coatings their particular property.
Application: Primarily for flow coating, immersing, spraying or brushing. Suitable for moulds and cores made of all mould materials.
Properties: The coatings produce smooth, abrasion-resistant and crack-free coatings with very good adhesion on sand substrates of every kind. They can therefore be used on all moulding and core sands.
Use: Although the coatings settle very little, it is nonetheless advisable to stir them before use. After the coating has been applied the cores and moulds can be fired after approx. 1 minute. Casting can begin around 2 hours after firing.
Packaging: disposable hobbocks, lidded drums, returnable containers.
Water-based coatings particularly recommended for steel casting:
- SPECOTIN 314 N, Basis: Zirconium silicates
- SPECOTIN 314 S, Basis: Zirconium silicates (low outgassing)
- SPECOTIN 319 VF 1 (lost foam process), Basis: selected aluminium silicates
- SPECOTIN 319 PT 3, Basis: Aluminium silicates with oxide fraction
Alcohol-based coatings particularly recommended for steel casting:
- SPECOTIN 354 N, Basis: Zirconium silicates
- SPECOTIN 354 D, Basis: Zirconium silicates (low outgassing)
- SPECOTIN 354 F, Basis: Zirconium silicates (penetration coatings)
- SPECOTIN 354 H4, Basis: Zirconium silicates (low outgassing, brush-on coatings)
- SPECOTIN 359 A, Basis: Aluminium silicate
- SPECOTIN 358, Basis: Magnesite (for austenitic manganese steel)
Other coatings are available on request.
SPECOTIN thinnerCharacteristics: SPECOTIN thinner contains isopropyl alcohol
Properties: Thinner for all alcohol-based coatings